Resources for Disaster and Emergency Planning
The Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida has gathered the following resources to help organizations and the people they serve be prepared for disaster and to help organizations collaborate before and after disaster strikes. To learn more or suggest a resource, contact Deirdre Conner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 425-8758.
Preparing Your Organization
- Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York – Disaster Planning, Emergency Preparedness & Business Continuity Guide
- S. Department of Homeland Security and FEMA – Disaster preparedness toolkits and guides for businesses/organizations for various types of disasters, including hurricanes, tornadoes, power outages and more, as well as exercises to help you test/evaluate your plans
- Neighborworks America – Report: Disaster Preparedness and Recovery for Community Development Organizations
- Connect to the Duval County COAD (Community Organizations Active in Disaster): fill out this survey to share how you can help the community in case of disaster and share your contact information to be added to the mailing list for the COAD. Click here to take the survey.
- TechSoup: Disaster Planning and Recovery
- Agility Recovery - Definitive Guide to Disaster Planning
Helping Individuals Prepare
- American Red Cross Preparedness Guides for Individuals and Families